[Message from Summer Fair organisers}
As you probably know, the Summer Fair is one of the school’s largest fundraising events of the year. In 2017 the money raised which was put towards book bags, school trips, new sports equipment, Christmas trees and many other things that enrich our children’s lives at school so, please, get involved, get creative, get busy and most of all have some fun!
There are many stalls and tasks involved in the fair so each class is allocated one to manage. Below you will find some guidelines and tips to get you started….GOOD LUCK!
GREEN CLASS has been selected to look after the ARTS AND CRAFTS AREA
This is always a popular area at the fair, especially with younger children. It is suggested you choose four craft activities with a range of price points from 50p to £2. There are a lot of materials left in the shed from last year to use up.
What you need to do before the fair…
- One person from the class needs to be a point of contact and come to the summer fair preparation meeting on Tuesday 5th June, 7.30pm at The Maynard. Please email as soon as possible to let the organiser know who you are.
- Check what craft materials are in the Infant and Junior PSA cupboards. You can get a key to the Infant cupboard from the office. The Junior cupboard will be opened on Friday 22nd June at 3.30pm
- Buy any materials needed. All expenditure will be reimbursed.
- Could we add something for the older children this year?
What you need to do on the morning of the fair…
- Be there an hour before to set it all up including bin bags for rubbish.
What you need to do during the fair…
- You need a rota of parents to look after the area throughout the fair, ideally 4 people at a time. Hourly shifts are recommended.
What you need to do at the end of the fair…
- Any spare materials need to be put back into the Junior PSA cupboard only using boxes provided. Craft materials not property stored in boxes get ruined or lost.
- Tables and chairs returned to where they came from and leave area clear.
Other things you need to know…
- This will be a ticketed event so people will purchase games tickets on arrival and use them for a turn – therefore you will not be handling cash but you do need to save the tickets and pass them to the cash office.
- Please count the tickets before you hand them to the cash office and email us with the total.
- Please secure the tickets in a clearly labelled freezer bag so the cash office can record how much each event made.
- The crafts cost between one and four games tickets per go.
- The crafts area is in the Reception playground where the canopies can provide shelter if needed.
Please email us with any queries and to be put in touch with someone who helped out with this last year.